Can I Receive Relocation Assistance for a Short Sale?

Yes, there are monetary incentive programs for struggling homeowners who wish to obtain a short sale. The California Transition Assistance Program (TAP) is currently the most popular relocation assistance program, with new funding announced in April of 2016. Some of California’s largest lenders have their own private programs for veterans, seniors and special needs homeowners. These programs may offer up to $30,000 for relocation expenses. To learn more about current programs or to enroll, call us at 1-800-760-9156.

In previous years, the most common and popular incentive program was the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program (HAFA). The HAFA program expired at the end of 2016 and there have been no current attempts by the government to renew it.

California Short Sale Solutions will always apply for all relocation assistance programs during the short sale process. Distribution of monetary assistance is determined by your lender while following guidelines set forth by the state and federal government.